Is my child a young carer?
Knowing if your child is a young carer is simple. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do they need to stay at home a lot in case they are needed?
- Are they there for someone who needs emotional support because they are down or depressed?
- Do they need to be on hand to help someone with personal care like washing, toileting or getting dressed?
- Do they help out by running errands like shopping or do they need to do cleaning or cooking because someone can’t manage?
- Are they looking after brothers and sisters because someone is not feeling up to it?
If the answer is “YES” to any of the questions, then your child can access the free help and support offered by the Carers’ Centre.