Help for my child
Parents need to make sure they are receiving all the support they are entitled to as a family, and the Carers’ Centre can help you do that. It’s also important that people like your GP and any health or social care workers supporting you understand if there are carers in the family.
Currently, the Carers' Centre is not running any face to face activities due to COVID-19. To be kept up to date as this changes, please join our new young carers newsletter here
In normal circumstances, the Carers’ Centre can help your child by providing free access to:
- one to one support
- free activities and events in the school holidays
- regular clubs and groups
- family breaks together
- active social media with information and advice
- Chill – a quarterly newsletter for young carers
- opportunities to get involved and help the Centre’s work
- the chance to volunteer and get valuable experience
Support with transport and the possibility of replacement care are available if these are barriers to your child taking a break from caring.