Help for my child
At the Carers’ Centre, there is a range of help and support for young carers aged 5 to 17 who live in Bath and North East Somerset. There are also extra services available for young adult carers aged 14 to 25.
Parents need to make sure they are receiving all the support they are entitled to as a family, and the Carers’ Centre can help you do that. It’s also important that people like your GP and any health or social care workers supporting you understand if there are carers in the family.
The Carers’ Centre can help your child by providing free access to:
- one to one support
- free activities and events in the school holidays
- regular clubs and groups
- family breaks together
- active social media with information and advice
- Chill – a quarterly newsletter for young carers
- opportunities to get involved and help the Centre’s work
- the chance to volunteer and get valuable experience
Support with transport and the possibility of replacement care are available if these are barriers to your child taking a break from caring.